After completing this module, you should be able to:
• Understand the supports residential and day services provide the individual.
• Review strategies that they can model to inform community members how to interact with individuals with ASD.
• Create opportunities for the community to welcome the individuals you support as valuable community members.
• Demonstrate knowledge of community resources and community supports available to people they support.
• Match specific resources and interventions to the unique needs of individuals recognizing the importance of friends, family and community relationships and a healthy life style.